“KALANGAN” is a Mumbai (India) based organization for the development of cultural and academic activities of children. It was founded on January 31, 1998. Taking into consideration, the changing times and the children’s aptitude, it attempts to identify their hidden talent. It looks after the all round development of children, with special emphasis on training in various art forms, which in turn helps them to become culturally enriched, responsible and successful members of society. Here, the children are given appropriate direction in the art of their choice through the medium of music, dance, drama and literature.
Aims, Objectives and Philosophy of Kalangan
- Cultural upbringing, instilling human values among children from all strata.
- Training in various art forms.
- To make available, a platform to enhance young talent.
- To create culturally rich and informed future citizens.
- Free training in music, dance and theatre for talented underprivileged kids.
- Free participation for the talented, in “Gurukul residential camps”.
- Financial support to institutions working for underprivileged kids.
- Producing edutainment music albums like “Ganyat boluya ka?”, “Swaroop Sanjeevani”, “Vishwanatya Sutradhar”, “Jungle Gaani”, ” Hallagulla Rasgulla” etc.
- Conducting prestigeous state level music competitions such as “Gunanidhi Sangeet Spardha”.
- Production of grand stage shows such as “Prabhaat Darshan”, “Aasha Ke Phool” etc.
- Organising lecture-demonstrations on a variety of topics including visual and performing arts.
Stalwarts like Pt. Yashwant Deo, Kamlakar Bhagwat, Anand Modak, Dnyanpeeth Awardee Poets V. D. Karandikar, Shankar Vaidya, Actor Avinash Narkar, Lokshaheer Vithhal Umap, renowned vocalists Kirti Shiledar, Asha Khadilkar, Padmaja Fenani, Pt. Ulhas Bapat and many such celebrities have heartily appreciated and blessed the work done by KALANGAN.
The encouragement and appreciation by such renowned personalities is a constant source of inspiration for Kalangan.